Not to say

What are things you should not say to a pregnant woman?

325 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Stop telling me my stomach is small! I’m petite so my tummy is eventually small. How stretchy can my tummy be?! Even ridiculous is I’m currently 36weeks and someone says “oh, u’re expecting? I didn’t see that. It’s too small” Argh..Ma’am I think u need to check your eyes.

5y ago

I understand what you mean, too. My 2nd baby and I'm also petite and small. My first one acrually increased my height by 3cm coz she forced her way against my spine! Haha. The pain is real. Nevertheless, don't take what they say to heart mummy. So long as baby is healthy and fine. I find smiling the best way. Can't be bothered to waste my energy on replying sometimes. Just take it they're jealous you're still having a svelte figure vs theirs at said no. of weeks.😋

Your bump looks so small at 39 weeks. Mine was so much bigger. Seriously!?!? As a first time mom who is about to pop, I was so freaked out that my baby would be small and unhealthy, when so random lady said this to me. Luckily, my baby was average size and healthy.

😣 ganyan sila Sken mga kasama Ko sa work. nkakatakot daw mabuntis . ung amo ko naman bawal ng bwal saken.. tapos sasabhin pa wag naq mgGatas 1x a day nlang kse daw bka lumaki si baby😔. 5buwan plang daw aq pero laki na ng tyan ko d naq mkapgwork😣... parang d sila happy para sken.🥺

Topping the list would definitely be about weight gain and whether it's a joke or not, better skip the weight remarks. Another pet peeve would be those superstitious advice and they, somehow, make the journey too confusing. Make sure to give her advices backed by science.

Why your tummy is too small. Ate you not getting enough food? You look like so weak,don't go outside in this condition. Well why j should not go outside with big bump? Why so narrow minded people is in this world?? It means if you pregnant you can not go any where?

"Ang bata bata mo pa nabuntis ka na agad. Sayang naman" Like hellooooo! Atleast ako tinaggap ko na nabuntis ako ng maaga at di ako nakapag isip ng abortion. At the age of 17 and now 18, maraming mas matanda pa sakin na gustong mag abort.

VIP Member

At my experience, nung nasa 1st trimester palang ako yung word na "baka ka makunan" or yung "baka di mg develop yung baby", every night kung iniiyakan yun.. 😢😭😭😭 But thanks God nasa 23weeks na kame ni baby.. 🙏🏻😇😇

Your belly is so small. / You have to be active even during pregnancy *im trying my best to stay active but that doesnt mean I can’t rest tho 🙄. Sometimes, my back ache or kaki lenguh. Rehat kejap biasalah kan 🙄*

"Lahat nalang ng pagkain ayaw mo, pano baby mo? Mind conditioning lang yan!" ay edi waw ako tong gutom na gutom diba pero di tlaga mapigilang masuka sa amoy ng pagkain. mind conditioning, sabihin mo yan sa hormones ko! 🤣🤣🤣

don't say anything. give them the choice of food they want to eat, let them do what keeps them happy, try to be with them always. communicate better. love them extra. Remember you can always say what is good for them but not force them.