Preparing for labour

What should I prepare for myself for labour? Physically and things.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Wear something comfy like a dress in case you have to wait awhile for a delivery room. Bring comfy slippers to walk around. Phone charger. Hospital will provide basic toiletries like soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, so if you have a preference, you can pack it too. Hospital will also provide first pack of diapers for baby so you will need to prepare clothes for baby and you when going home. Your hubby can bring a car seat on the day of discharge :)

Read more

don't bring so much,cause hospital will provide things like pad,disposable undies,perineal pad,baby diapers and wet tissues.Just bring swaddles clothes for newborn(mittens and socks) clothes for you better to use slippers btw,easier to walk around with.Bring your appointment card with you.I guess thats all i can remember,oh and toiletries

Read more
VIP Member

Just bring minimally e.g. your IDs, admission letter, wallet, phone charger, a set of clothes for yourself and for the baby for when you check out. If husband is staying with you, he will be the one who needs to bring a lot of stuff as hospital won’t be providing for him. Basic toiletries will be provided by the hospital.

Read more

Here are the things you need to bring to the hospital to get ready for your labour

Post reply image