What should I do to prepare my child for childcare?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What my friend did was to start mentally preparing her daughter for the childcare arrangement weeks before the actual start date. She stressed to her girl that soon she would be going to a place where she will meet friends and have lots of fun activities while daddy and mummy go to work. In the morning, she will tell her daughter that in a few weeks time, they will be spending their day elsewhere (i.e., not home). Also, she will always stress that it doesn’t mean daddy mummy are abandoning her and that it will just be for a few hours each day. Next, she arrange for a visit to the childcare centre with her daughter. Introducing her daughter to the environment with her company. Spoke to the caregivers there. During the stay, she also pointed out where the toys and books are. As an added measure, she continue bringing her girl to the childcare centre for a few mornings (not for visits, just staying outside and walking around the area) to get her daughter excited about going there in the mornings. Still, despite doing all these, her daughter still cried the house down the first few days they started childcare. Still, doing all those steps did appear to help, as her daughter was just worried about being abandoned. After a few evenings of “reuniting” with my friend at the end of the day, she was able to get used to the new routine and adapted considerably well after the first week.

Read more

You can start by bringing your child to visit the place first, let her have a look around and observe the children's activities there. If your situation permits it, pick her up early, say at noon for first few days. Then extend it slowly until she can get used to the place so you pick her up after working hour.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3229)

thanks