What's the right temperature for aircon in a newborn babies room? I hear some people say 18-20, others say 23-25. What temperature do you have your baby sleep in?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The general recommendations is to set your air conditioner between 23 and 25C for us here in Singapore. This allows you to dress in comfortable cotton pajamas and use a light blanket or duvet. By keeping the room at an ideal temperature of around 24C, your body isn’t fighting to stay cool but it’s not trying to warm up, either. It is the environmentally friendly temperature that will suit most children over the age of 2 years. For my kids, I leave my aircon @ 27C and it's sometimes too cold for my kids as we always clean the aircon and the air is very cold despite the hot weather now. Therefore, I believe that it depends on the condition of your aircon.

Read more

I've read that 24degC is ideal for babies who are 2 years and above while 18-20degC is okay for young babies who are wearing footed onesies or swaddled or in sleeping bags. My friends don't use air conditioning on their babies. They usually use fans and keep the room well ventilated. I'd do the same, to be honest. I'm not a big fan of air conditioning in general. http://sg.theasianparent.com/the-ideal-temperature-for-your-babys-room/

Read more

My baby have been sleeping at 25 degrees since newborn. He is 7 months now. If you feel that is it cold for you, it is probably too cold for baby. When sleeping in aircon, make sure their feet are covered I.e. Wear onesie or socks. They probably will start kicking the blanket away and it is dangerous to keep blanket with baby as it may suffocate them.

Read more

23-25 degrees should be about right for Singapore's climate but I do have friends who found 26/26 degrees better for their children. Key is to ensure that your baby is not too hot or too cold. You can place your hand at the base of your baby's neck where it meets to spine to do a quick check of his/her temperature.

Read more

If you have a newborn or a very young infant who is dressed in a footed sleepsuit, swaddled or in a sleeping bag, please adjust the temperature down to 18-20C. You may read more here: https://sg.theasianparent.com/the-ideal-temperature-for-your-babys-room

For my children, they sleep at 25 deg, cooling temp for them. I Know some of my friends' babies sleep in 16 deg n when I went in the room, their temp is the same as my 25 deg. It could be Coz Her Aircon is the old type.

Super Mum

in uk they say 18-20 but i felt little cold for newborn .i kept my baby in 21-23 .

5y ago

What clothes do you use for 22-23° in uk? Cuz i am living in uk as wel,but i don't know what clothes to use for this temperature.. i don't want to be cold or to warm

Between 25-28

VIP Member

Same, 24 c