Precautionary measures

What precautionary measures are you mums taking when it comes to your guests/friends/family members interacting with your newborn in this current worsening covid situation (May 2021)? Will be delivering in June 2021. The thought of anyone else, aside from my husband and I, carrying my newborn and talking to my newborn without a mask, is already...worrying me. Afraid the elderly folks might be offended if we tell them to sanitize hands before touching baby, and wear a mask while talking to baby.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

In the first month, only your mum and confinement nanny, if you have one, should enter your home. older folks will understand this as it is a tradition they are likely to know, so more likely to follow. With the current covid situation, you could probably tell the rest nicely that you will not be accepting visitors until baby is at least 3 months old, and even then depends on govt regulation and covid situation.

Read more

say NO to visitors 😉 whether it's covid or not, it's common sense not to disturb newborn and mummy on 1st month as both need to adapt and rest.