Covid + & Newborn have Fever

Hi. My baby is just 10days old. I was covid+ yesterday. Been wearing mask, the whole time in the house. Wash and sanitize my hand bfore handling baby. Have no caretaker hence im taking care of my baby while covid +. Baby had fever today with slight cough. Temp is 37.9C. Worried baby covid+ also. My concern is if baby warded am i able to take care of baby at hospital? Can a newborn catch covid virus from us?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi updates both baby and i covid , went to kkh as baby had fever 37.9. From there we are being warded, and stay for 2days. As baby temperature instantly drop to normal within one night. But the doctors there, not helping much. As they always pressure and pester me to take blood & spine test and put antibiotics drips on my baby when he has no more fever. They keep emphasizing on brain/urine infection. Side effect of not doing the test etc. 3 Doctors back to back keep on pressuring and pestering me to do the test. One even said, its better to the test if i dont we dont know the infection and who knows one day i will regret and it will involve death if i dont take the test.

Read more
2y ago

For baby, we didnt do the test. Baby temperature normal and no longer have fever and ask for discharge the next day.

Hi Yanti, my 5 week old did get the covid virus from his daddy a day after daddy tested positive (babys fever was 38.2C). He was warded in kkh isolation ward for observation for 3 days (I was negative so I could isolate with him). Perhaps u want to call kkh to enquire/ clarify on ur situation as based on my understanding as FTM, its best to seek medical attention for high fever in infants.

Read more

can call MOH hotline to clarify. I called last week as I was positive with a newborn as well. They told me if both baby and I positive, I can isolate with baby at KKH and take care of baby .

Yes. Anyone can catch covid from us, even newborn. Think you better call kkh to ask. Or if you feel that ur baby has a risk, bring to kkh