Ridiculous emotions

What’s the most ridiculous or weirdest thing you felt emo about during your pregnancy? I’m in my first tri and I’ve cried twice over the lamest things! 😖😫 First time was when I heard someone singing “Tears in Heaven”, just the first line and I broke down sobbing (like wtf). Second time, I was kept awake from insomnia and felt a bit hungry… and I wanted to have some smoked salmon as a snack and suddenly I’m bawling my eyes out because I can’t eat smoked salmon (uncooked food) now and I miss sashimi with sake!! 😭😭😭 It’s soooo ridiculous that when I was crying both times I was actually saying wtf out loud at the same time. 😖☹️

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I cried over roti prata. I wanted a very specific one - crispy one then my husband was tired to bring me out. I bawled my eyes out. Craved also at the weirdest hour at night. But eventually I got my craving satisfied that very night. My 10 yr old son gave me his weirdest look and till now he laughs whenever we brought up that memory cos he saw me bawling my eyes out and begging his father to bring me out so I can eat crispy roti prata. My husband couldn't understand my haywire emotions but he hugged me to calm me down 😂 And the baby that 'craves' for crispy roti prata is now a bouncy 8 mth old infant. Emotions can be very strong and weird while pregnant. I also had a ridiculous habit of shifting the furnitures at home everytime when I'm pregnant and not shifting once but tens of times in a mth. I always blame my nesting instinct 😅 So you're not alone and it's ok to feel that way. Just hard for the partner to understand though.

Read more
3y ago

Hahaha I love crispy prata too! My mom also shared her crazy odd hours cravings when she had me.. she wanted rochor bean curd badly and it was like 9-10pm and my parents didn’t stay near rochor nor did they have a car. But she just had to have it, so my dad cabbed down (this was in the 1980s!!) just to get it for her. Very expensive beancurd indeed