Ridiculous emotions

What’s the most ridiculous or weirdest thing you felt emo about during your pregnancy? I’m in my first tri and I’ve cried twice over the lamest things! 😖😫 First time was when I heard someone singing “Tears in Heaven”, just the first line and I broke down sobbing (like wtf). Second time, I was kept awake from insomnia and felt a bit hungry… and I wanted to have some smoked salmon as a snack and suddenly I’m bawling my eyes out because I can’t eat smoked salmon (uncooked food) now and I miss sashimi with sake!! 😭😭😭 It’s soooo ridiculous that when I was crying both times I was actually saying wtf out loud at the same time. 😖☹️

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I cried over roti prata. I wanted a very specific one - crispy one then my husband was tired to bring me out. I bawled my eyes out. Craved also at the weirdest hour at night. But eventually I got my craving satisfied that very night. My 10 yr old son gave me his weirdest look and till now he laughs whenever we brought up that memory cos he saw me bawling my eyes out and begging his father to bring me out so I can eat crispy roti prata. My husband couldn't understand my haywire emotions but he hugged me to calm me down 😂 And the baby that 'craves' for crispy roti prata is now a bouncy 8 mth old infant. Emotions can be very strong and weird while pregnant. I also had a ridiculous habit of shifting the furnitures at home everytime when I'm pregnant and not shifting once but tens of times in a mth. I always blame my nesting instinct 😅 So you're not alone and it's ok to feel that way. Just hard for the partner to understand though.

Read more
3y ago

Hahaha I love crispy prata too! My mom also shared her crazy odd hours cravings when she had me.. she wanted rochor bean curd badly and it was like 9-10pm and my parents didn’t stay near rochor nor did they have a car. But she just had to have it, so my dad cabbed down (this was in the 1980s!!) just to get it for her. Very expensive beancurd indeed

In my late second trimester, I cried in the middle of the night cause I was hungry and feeling fat at the same time. My husband was sleeping so when he flipped and saw me crying as if who died.. It shocked him 😂 Now as I enter third trimester, I cry whenever I think about my dogs in the future (they are 7months & 6yo). I be overthinking like why do they have such a short lifespan and all then I can’t control myself. (It happens so frequently these days 😩)

Read more
3y ago

Omg I cried when I thought about how my two cats have limited years also!! They’re only 2-3 years old and I’m already bawling over their lifespan. My husband was just so confused 😂 Seems like this could be a common reason for weird crying during pregnancy!

I'm in my third trimester now and at most emotional stage cause I've decided to stay away as much as possible from my parents and in laws because of the covid spike cases.. and it's been like 3weeks to a month since I saw my family and I cry myself to sleep atleast 2 times a week. finding really hard to cope.. hope to see them even for a few minutes at a distance.. ☹

Read more
3y ago

Aww that’s because you miss them very much! More video calls during this period maybe? Stay strong, we are all facing this together. I also haven’t met my mom in weekssss

me i cried cause the stallholder auntie who promised me to keep 2 coconuts for me sold the coconuts to another person. i was unhappy with her and asked her why she didnt keep her promise. i went home crying

I cried so hard in the first trim cuz I bought egg tart and didn't put it in the fridge and the next day I wanna eat it so badly but couldn't (scared spoil). 🥲🥲🥲

I have depression even before getting pregnant so being pregnant doesn’t make it any better for me. I can cry easily over anything and everything everyday.

I cried when my husband bought me only 4 chicken wings when I was so hungry and wanted 8. He was so stressed and went to buy more for me 😅

VIP Member

I cried because I wanted to nap so much & hubby just want to go out for lunch. Think back I was being such a silly brat!

i cried because i peeled my apple and it dropped into the basin of dirty water. i really want to eat it. sigh.

I cried but I dunno why I cried. lol. that's the worst.