heartbeat

what happens if cant hear heartbeat at 11 weeks? n it stopped but the baby can be seen grown in the scan.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My first pregnancy was similar to your situation. About 10 to 11 weeks, when to my gynae, hoping to see a gummy bear sized fetus. But all I got was no heartbeat. I was devasted. Had to go through manual miscarriage to clear my uterus. But dun give up! I finally got my dear son (naturally) after trying for so long! Even went through IUI and IVF.

Read more

My dr shows me that heart is beating but doesnt use sound. He mentioned it gives so much energy to the child. Did dr say all is okay? If you arent comfortable get a second opinion to make sure all is fine.

Super Mum

I am so sorry for your loss 😢 Please have your loved ones around you during this time, and try to get some rest to let your body heal. Praying that you’ll find some comfort during this difficult time...

4y ago

Thanks Cherlyn..🙏

Super Mum

What do you mean by you can’t hear the heartbeat? If you did the scan, the first thing that they check for is the presence of the heartbeat, yes? Was it there? Did the heartbeat really stop?

4y ago

Sorry Shalini, but if there’s no heartbeat, the baby is no longer alive 😢 It could just be that they didn’t manage to get the correct views on the scan and couldn’t see it, that’s why you need to quickly repeat the scan to ensure that baby’s heart is still beating. KKH has an urgent O&G centre that’s like and A&E. Go to a centre that will do a scan for you today

Hey, Please take care and have lots and lots of rest. Be around your family and loved ones and be strong. Your body needs healing

4y ago

thank u...takes a lot of time

VIP Member

Please take care! Sorry for your lost😭☹️

VIP Member

Sorry to hear this:( Take care and rest well.

4y ago

thank u jasmine

Super Mum

Hi Shalini, how are you? Are you alright?

4y ago

Yeap it will. I still think abt this.

Super Mum

Grown huh

4y ago

yes compared to 9 weeks scan,could see the head more bigger ,with body ,legs