what's the fastest turnaround time to make a passport for my baby?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most of my friends chose to apply through the online APPLES (https://apples.ica.gov.sg/apples/index.xhtml) system. The key is getting the photo right for fast processing I think. The entire process is quite fuss free and straightforward. Some tips my friends share for the photo taking part (as most took their own photo) was to prepare a white sheet to place behind baby's head and do the photo taking in a bright setting. One of them found the burst shots function very useful for taking multiple photos and hoping that one would meet the requirements. Hope these help!

Read more

Once you've gotten all the needed documents in and payment done, you will be notified via post to collect your passport once it is ready. A pink acknowledgement card will be mailed to you within 1 week from the date ICA receives your application. So I reckon you can get it in one week if conditions are right. But if you take into account the peak season (right before June and December holidays), it might take longer so make sure you get your applications in early.

Read more

To ensure the photo is accepted i went down to the ica photo booth to take..filling up the physical form and dropping into the box only take less than 5mins. My lo just got her passport..the collection card was received on sat when we submitted the passport application on that very monday. Hope this helps!

Read more

I got mine made online, 4-5days later they emailed me stating it was ready for collection. Book an appointment, its faster when you collect it. Within 30mins of wait, and baby must be present for verification. Total downtime is around a week.

VIP Member

Go down in person. I managed to get mine done in less than a week