What activities can you recommend for a four month old?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Such a coincidence, I just went last night to my friend's house to visit my 4-month goddaughter. Her parents, been wanting to make the toddler discover her abilities at an early age, thought of a creative idea. They bought the smallest inflatable pool available at the department store and filled it up with toy balls. Letting the baby play with balls helps in exercising her motor skills and developing hand and eye coordination by letting her throw and catch. Most importantly, make sure to play with your baby althroughout to witness how she discovers the world.

Read more

Bath time play! At this point, babies usually are more into observing things around them and want to almost touch anything. It may also mean that they are already beginning to control their movements. So during bath time, you can play with your baby by blowing bubbles where he/she can see and try to touch. This way, it helps his/her eye and hand coordination. It is also a form of exercise for your baby. Just a friendly reminder to use soap that has no-tear formula.

Read more

Tummy time is the best activity for babies in that age. Tummy time is a precursor to rolling and rolling to crawling. You can also help your baby develop his/her fine motor reflexes by letting him/her play in an activity gym/mat. Crib mobiles and plush toys may do. In fact, your own hands can be a tool for your kids enjoyment

Read more

You can plan activities relating to the tummy. For example, place baby on their tummy to play, allow baby to explore age appropriate toys and let baby practice turning from his back to his tummy by playing toys all around him.