Slow fetal heartbeat

Went for my gynae appt today. Was told that my baby is not growing as per normal rate. Should be 7w3d but scan shows 5w6d and fetal heartbeat is slow at 88bpm. Doc advise me to wait for 2 weeks then go back and check but meanwhile during these 2 weeks foetus might just dispel from my body. Anyone have same experience but end up baby continue to grow as per normal and eventually delivered?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It happened to me on my 3rd child, during those times, I'm still working in a restaurant night shift. At almost 8 months, the gyne said my baby was very small, that I need more rest if I want her to be grow. So, I decided to go back to my country and rest for a month until I gave birth to a healthy and really bouncing baby girl..

Read more

At 6w5d, my baby's heart rate was around 89 but doc also said not to worry as it was still early. By 8w3d baby's heartbeat was 178! Also, could be that your ovulation was late so baby is younger than you thought. I hope this is the case for you too and all w be fine at your next visit

4y ago

The previous scan at 5w2d was normal

Super Mum

Hugs dear... hope you have no symptoms so far and that baby’s heart rate will increase

Im having the same problem. I donno what to do. Any advice from anyone?

VIP Member

Don’t stress about it! Keep a calm mind! 😃 all the best