Is it possible to downgrade to subsidised from private at kkh? Currently 35 weeks

Was wondering if I could follow up with my gynae currently all the way till admission then choose subsidised class for delivery.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I thought if you're already private (one chosen gynae throughout whole process till u give birth scans etc etc) but once you drop to subsidised ( there will be different2 doctor's taking over) I'm under subsidised and my head just spins whenever doctor checks on me . too many doctors ! 🤣 but you go consult your gynae first and ask their opinions .. cause from what I know if you really downgrade your gynae n doctors will mix one you won't have 1 gynae or dr through the process.. but you can try and ask them la

Read more

I was a private patient at mount A, but due to pregnancy complication, my gynae ask me to go public hosp because I need to be warded 2 weeks ans induce (I was wk34 then). I warded in to sgh thru a&e and went in as a subsided patient. I am not sure whether it’s because I am a emergency case that ward in thru A&E, hence I’m able to get subsided rate . maybe you can just check directly with hospital.

Read more

base on my understanding it's a bit too late for you to do so now. cos the date given in the referral letter from polyclinic is usually 4 weeks or more to see a gynea. you have to see a gynea 1st before delivery to go through the subsidized route.

to be under subsidised you need a letter from polyclinic. First, I think you should call kkh admission office to check if you will be able to do so after obtaining the letter.

if your doc is John tee, he will ask u not to book ward until the day u deliver or rush to go in to deliver. he is able to downgrade u to ward c if necessary.

2y ago

Means if incase of emergency we will just downgrade to b2/c ward upon admission? Will he still attend to us or leave it to the routine team? Thanks in advance! :)

Hi there, can i check if you have tried to downgrade at kkh? What was the outcome? as i wanna keep my options open in case of emergency.

hi! does tis mean u dun require ur gynae to be present during delivery?