pregnancy journey

Just me wanting to rant 😂 Who else dislike being pregnant but love to have children of your own? Me! This is my first pregnancy 😂 Im an active person who likes to full clean the house top to bottom once a week. Ever since im pregnant, i am not being myself.. i got tired so easily. Not even 5 mins im already exhausted and i feel so useless everytime i couldnt clean the house like i use to 😭 My hubby been wanting to help me out but i dont trust others with cleaning cos i cant stand when i see its not being clean properly 😭

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My mom was and is like you too. She was cleaning and cleaning, non-stop cleaning and climbing to reach top of drawers and cabinets. She was in her early pregnancy I think. Due to all that work, and not even tiring for her, she said, she had a miscarriage. Even so, she didn’t learn her lesson and was still climbing and cleaning when she was pregnant with me or my sister. She already had a baby bump, probably early 3rd trimester. Lucky both me (or my sister) made it into this world. 😂 Another time, it was the same too. She’s a clean freak lah always cleaning here and there and miscarried twins. ☹️ That was probably in between me and my sister cause we are 7 years apart. So if you must clean it your way, do it moderately. Don’t overdo it and rest as much as you can. 1st trimester is the most crucial part of your pregnancy journey. 2nd trimester is for you to get your baby stuffs done while your bump is still not in the way and you can still breathe quite normally. And 3rd trimester is for you to enjoy your baby’s kicks, elevate your legs and rest more while waiting for baby’s big entrance.

Read more

I am also like you when it comes to cleaning but I have learnt to try to let go (close one if not both eyes!) and have my hubby take over most of the housework. I keep reminding myself that the little one is of upmost important now and my responsibility is to take good care of the pregnancy and I should not do things that will make me regret. This is also paving the way for the future as housework will have to take a back seat when we start our parenthood journey. Try your best to adjust your mindset and learn to let go. Jiayou!

Read more