FTM help me out

Just wanna ask when do you mummies start to buy your baby stuffs? Im 21weeks now. There's a mothercare saleeee but i think its too early to get them?.. please share your thoughts.. Ps: im not gonna bf my baby.. so not getting any pumps or anything related to bf.. Thanks in advance!

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually best to buy/get during 2nd trimester especially bigger stuffs like wardrobe, drawer to store your baby’s clothes/hand-me-downs/gifts from people. Reason being 2nd trimester your MS is probably over and your tummy isn’t big yet so you won’t be too tired to move about or get breathless easily. Other items like: Baby wipes Baby diapers Baby cot and pillows Baby stroller Diaper bag / organiser for stroller Baby carrier Diaper caddy / toiletries rack Bath towels Wash cloths Milk bottles Formula milk / milk storage bags or bottles if BF Nipple cream if BF Nursing breast pads if BF Nursing cover if BF Bottle cleanser Bottle steriliser Bottle brush Collapsible bath tub / cushion Baby wash / shampoo / powder / oil / nappy rash Baby nail clipper Nasal aspirator Baby hair brush / comb Pacifier Baby laundry detergent Baby thermometer You may start to look2 see2 on online platforms for good deals, sign up on various diaper / milk formula websites to get samples, baby box, etc. While at it, don’t forget to apply stretch marks cream / oil and don’t take your flawless skin for granted. 😅 May also want to consider getting a maternity belt for when your tummy gets bigger and heavier and you will be walking or out for long. 3rd trimester usually ideal for you to enjoy your baby’s kicks, prepare for the arrival of your newborn and have lots of rest and elevate your legs.

Read more
2y ago

thankyou so much!! very detailed!! really appreciate all this, mummy! ♡♡♡

I’m 31 weeks now and I still haven’t get everything that I need yet. Take your time and slowly research on what you want to buy and if anyone is passing down anything to you. So far … I have only prepared for baby clothes, baby cots and stroller as they are hand me downs… I even got a Toyogo cupboard to slowly store baby stuff. I’m still researching on breast pumps and applying for milk powder and pampers samples from various Brands. I think most important for now as you’re still 21 weeks is to slowly gather supplies. When reach 3rd trimester then get breast pump because you may need to measure the flange to the correct size. Cot and stroller by 3rd trimester you should prolly have an idea what you want. Take it easy mama!!!

Read more
2y ago

youre so chill!!! love your vibe!! i shall take it easy too haha!! thanks for sharing!!

When will I receive my test results?If you take IELTS on computer, your Test Report Form (TRF) will be posted 3 to 5 days after your test date. If you take IELTS on paper, your Test Report Form will be available 13 calendar days after your test date.You will only receive one copy of your Test Report Form, unless you are applying to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), or United Kingdom Visas and Immigration (UKVI) – in this case, you can receive two. Some test centres provide SMS alerts and you can preview your results online. Contact your local test centre to find out more. WhatsApp.((+1 (720) 649-0240)) Gmail..(( [email protected] ))

Read more

Some people follow pantang. For myself i dont and i bought as early from 2nd month pregnancy. Trust me, you wouldnt want to do all those shoppings when you reach 3rd tri cos tummy gonna be big and heavy and you get tired easily. I bought diapers & shampoos 3 weeks before due date. Best to complete your shopping before 30 weeks.

Read more

Hello I’m a FTM at 21 weeks now too! Haven’t bought anything even though my friends said to start to prep in 2nd trim cos I feel it’s too early too. Planning to get the essentials during the start of 3rd trim and then buy anything extra after baby is born, to avoid overspending on stuff that may not be needed

Read more
2y ago

thanks!! same here.. most of my friends are shocked when i haven't gotten anything yet.. cause they said once im bigger and heavier i will be lazy to go out.. but i guess the more i should go out and walk nearing to my due date. but the saleeee is just crazy..

I bought most of e items when my first born reached 2nd trimester, slowly I realised not all e stuff are relevant or needed to buy when pregnant (best to buy when baby is born) So it’s depending on your comfort zone? ☺️ I not sure how much offer MM sales can offering but definitely one good opportunity..

Read more
2y ago

Omg I was contemplating whether I should buy the baby carrier before/after baby born. Haha Ok thanks for your advice 😊

I personally feel like once you know your baby's gender then it's easier to buy baby stuffs :) Best to do some research and discuss with your husband which brand you both considering, compare price and all, then proceed to buy! Still have plenty of time, don't worry!

TapFluencer

Haha I went to taka fair recently and bought the Avent Sterilizer and bottles. I know I will use Avent so I just buy first. Also bought a baby cot/playpen for like $270. Then there was a booth for postnatal massage. I also sign up cause got free baby photoshoot 🤣

Bought my baby things on and off since 16th week. When I saw the things I want on sale I just buy it. If you can save more then why not right?

bought in 3rd trimester, was super tired as the stomach is already very big and heavy. cannot walk or stand long.