Colostrum too little to feed

Im 4 days PP, is it normal to only have THIS little colostrum, hand expressed from both sides for 30-45 mins 😔 its so little . I see other can even use breastpump but when i use breastpump nothing come out. And no im not able to latch or direct breastfeed baby. #FTM

Colostrum too little to feed
4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey mummy, congrats to your newborn! Great job on using the hand expression and the hard work yield the colostrum volume. The simulation to the boob and removal of colostrum will helps to bring in the transition breastmilk quicker. Just a quick question, is there any hormones related health issue ie thyroid or breast related surgery? Because these factors could affect the breastmilk supply. Mum with these issues may need to supplement with other methods of feeding, and she can continue to direct latching baby to benefits both mum and baby, at the same time enjoy the bonding time during the breastfeeding. Or continue to do the exclusive pumping for mix feeding. There's also the option to get the donated breastmilk while you are working on your supply, no right or wrong for using the formula to supplement too, as it's about the informed choice to make. How's your bonding time with your baby? As a mum, we want to give the best to our baby, and hey, you are the best to your baby!

Read more

Yes it is normal. Just keep latching and it will stimulate breast milk, some mummies will massage and will pump. It will take awhile and will not be on immediate. Therefore don't give up okay? Every mummies will go through different process.

I cried when I pump and only few drops came out. I just use fm to supplement. It will take some time. you can try finding supplements to take to help. use syringe to feed for.noe

TapFluencer

🙏💕