confinement lady from msia

Understand that Msia will extend the lockdown. What if I apply work permit for confinement lady will she be able to come in? Yesterday I have been trying to call MOM and make enquiries but not successfully. Pls advise. Thanks.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have managed to call in Mom after many tries as their hotline keep get engage. A CSO inform that so long the application is approved the confinement Nanny is able to come over to Sg and without 14days quarantine and of coz depend on her physical situation of she is able to pass custom. I guess have to check time to time at least 20days before due as the rules keep changing due to increasing number of case. And also must see if Malaysia ext the lock down period 😪😪😪

Read more
4y ago

Hi All just some updates. I finally got into MOM hotline today. Wef 25th March all CL need 14days SHN and have to stay at diff address and be in 24/7 contact before they can start work. And they are not entitled to the $50/day gov payout scheme to find a SHN shelter for CL. I previously called on the 24th March and was inform no need 14days SHN for CL as they are under essentials service, I guess due to increasing case they change the requirement again. I guess all mummies like me 😪who is gonna due April to June have to make other arrangements. Is not worth to pay for their food and lodging for 14days and still need pay for 1mth confinement fee.

TapFluencer

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-confinement-nanny/covid-19-precautionary-measures-for-confinement-nannies Check with Confinement agency if u book through them. They're responsible to do necessary application. If u hire CL yourself, you will need to apply entry approval before bring in CL

Read more
VIP Member

They can come in if MOM approves it. But they have to be quarrentine for 14 days first. Some of my other friends who are due in latr April / May, they have arranged their confinement nanny to come in earlier to serve the quarrentine period first

4y ago

I don’t think is free tho. I think my friend have to bear the extra cost

I was surprised by the reply too but this call was made last week thur. Thus I advise to call in MOM to keep checking as the rules keep changing every now and than due to increasing case.

I have leave a message in Msia Embassy in Spore. They have replied me during RMO Msian is not suppose to leave Msia.

Post reply image
TapFluencer

situation constantly evolving... may not be a good idea... fear last minute no one to help you

4y ago

hope it works out for u in the end 🙏 my aunt from msia stuck here since 14th

TapFluencer

I think not possible and alot they don't want to come due to quarantine 14 days.

4y ago

My CL ask me to call mom to find out. W work permit is it she can come in. She will check from msia side as well.

I was wondering too. Thank you for sharing

Wow