Baby sleeping position

My two-month old turns her whole body herself to sleep on her side (imagine adults hugging the bolster to sleep). Is it dangerous?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It shld be ok if she turns herself. At this age, she would be able to adjust herself or cry if uncomfortable. My boy started to flip to his tummy when he's 2+ months and can only go into deep sleep when sleeping on his tummy till now at 6 months. If I were to turn him back, he'll wake up. Just make sure tt you put her down on her back if u were to put her in the cot. If she were to turn to her side, let her be and don't put anything ard her.

Read more
3y ago

I used to be scared of tt too and would keep checking on him. Even worse tt my boy always like to literally faceplant himself onto the bed. I checked with my PD at first but he said not to worry cz baby wld know how to cry if cannot breathe, and tt's why it's impt not to put anything ard tt may block him. I think at the start just monitor her when she sleeps. I cldn't really sleep when my boy started to turn and flip too but soon I realised he was able to adjust his head himself when I looked through the baby monitor.

No it is not dangerous as long as there is nothing blocking her and also do keep a look out as some baby turn when they are sleeping some couldn't breathe