IFC or FDW

Trying to decide whether I should send my LO to IFC or hire a FDW to look after when my wife and I are at work. Any advice out there?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

When in doubt, list out the pros and cons! Get a pen and paper and just list down the advantages, disadvantages, cost, considerations and anything else that will be useful to help you in making a decision :) If you hire a helper, I'd really make sure that she is someone who has experience dealing with infants and with discipline and respect - you wouldn't want to leave her alone with your child at home if you can't trust her to be focused on your child and knowing how to deal with situations! There's also the cost because she likely only has time to look after your child so you'd have to work out your finances. When looking at IFC, I'd say you need to do it fast because slots can be taken up real quick especially if you live in baby booming areas. Other than that, you can also use CDA to pay so less financial stress - but your child is also more susceptible to falling sick at infantcare.

Read more
VIP Member

it is not easy to have a helper who can fulfilled your requirements. and it is not easy for helper too. they have to juggle housework and LO. my friend hired two to handle. one handling LO. one handling housework. IFC, do be prepared on situation like falling sick. but this is one way to build up immune system. a phase

Read more