Home fetal Doppler, yay or nay?

Tot of buying to set my heart at ease if I can hear my baby heartbeat and saw them selling online. Did some research and learnt that it is not encouraged but I still see mummies buying.. any idea if it’s worth buying? What r the pros and cons? Thanks!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It sounds nice to hear your baby’s heartbeat, but you see, sometimes baby turns in weird positions and it’s not easy to find the correct place to put the probe if you’re not trained. Or if baby’s too small initially, you might not even be able to locate the heart easily. In that case, you might just end up panicking that you can’t hear baby’s heartbeat or fear that something’s wrong even if there’s nothing to worry about. So perhaps the best thing you can do is still to count baby’s movements, as your gynae would advise:) At least 10 movements within a 12 hour period. The movements make you feel really happy too:)

Read more
4y ago

Thanks! Mine is only 8w but what u say makes sense:)

Super Mum

I read from online article that sometime you may mistook your own heartbeat as the baby’s. Since it’s not recommended, I wouldn’t get . But it’s entirely to you :)

I wanted to get one too but saw online that it’s not recommended.