Bakit Umiikli na ang Pasensya ko? Dealing w/' Mom Rage & Mom Guilt

🗨Topic: 😫😡Bakit Umiikli na ang Pasensya ko? Dealing w/' Mom Rage & Mom Guilt 🥲👶🏻❓ 🗓 Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2023 ⏰️ Time: 1.00pm - 3.00pm 🤱🏻🥲💬Join me,Dr. Aika Buenavista,a Certified Lifestyle Medicine Physician and Mental Health Advocate, sa Ask The Expert session on dealing with BIG emotions in motherhood or parenthood. 🥲😡🤱🏻Kasama ang team ng theAsianparent, matutulungan ko kayong mga Mommies in pregnancy or parenting sa inyong journey to embrace motherhood with a healthy mind and positive mindset by understanding: What is Mom Rage/ Mom Guilt & Why Do I Experience This? How Do I Properly Deal with These Emotions so It Doesn't Affect my Child? Mom Rage: What It Feels Like and How It Can Affect Kids Overcoming the Struggle with Mom Guilt How To Determine if I have Depression or Anxiety And More!

Bakit Umiikli na ang Pasensya ko? Dealing w/' Mom Rage & Mom Guilt
55 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Me and my kids (one is 5yo and the other is 4mos.) have been living with my in-laws while my husband is away, working. I really don't mind my MIL and Sis-in-law helping out especially with the baby, but I'm really feeling very possessive especially when baby is with SIL, acting like she's the mom, taking baby from me even when I don't ask her to.. Also, she's been spoiling my 5yo by buying her with so much stuff (hello junk food!); I really do appreciate it but I don't know why I'm feeling paranoid that they, especially my baby might become closer to her, she's able to make baby laugh more! :( I don't have problems with my own mom & sis but when it comes to my in-laws, it becomes a problem to me. We don't have any problem with each other but I don't know... I really hate this feeling. I don't know what to do. :(

Magbasa pa
8mo ago

It's normal to feel that way. You are the mother and you want your children to be more close to you than everyone else. But you need to understand as well that aside from you, their grandma and tita loves them as well. Especially if they are the 1st apo. My sister also lives with us when she 1st gave birth, and were just so happy that we loved spoiling my niece. It is normal for titas to spoil their niece I guess. But dont worry, you are the mother and your bond with your children is at different level compared to titas, it cannot be surpassed. So whenever your feeling possessive or jealous, convert that feeling into gratefulness that aside from you, there are others who loves your children sincerely.