TOP 5 REASONS WHY ANTI-RABIES IS IMPORTANT!

TOP 5 REASONS WHY ANTI-RABIES IS IMPORTANT! [1] In the Philippines, Rabies is 100% fatal when infected as it causes brain swelling, behavioral changes and aggression [2] However, it is also 100% preventable by vaccinating humans (to save lives) and animals (to stop the transmission) [3] Vaccine protects high risk individuals or pet owners through Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (before exposure) and/or Post-exposure Prophylaxis (after getting bitten) [4] The duration of protection from the vaccine varies per individual so having a booster after the exposure is still needed [5] Although a huge percentage of rabies comes from dogs, it can be present in cats, other mammals (except rabbits), and even humans! Thus, protection is necessary #TeamBakuNanay #ProudToBeABakuNanay #AllAboutBakuna #HealthierPhilippines #VaccinesWorkForAll

TOP 5 REASONS WHY ANTI-RABIES IS IMPORTANT!
3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
TapFluencer

you might find this useful, too: https://medlineplus.gov/   People at high risk of exposure to rabies, such as veterinarians, animal handlers, rabies laboratory workers, spelunkers, and rabies biologics production workers should be offered rabies vaccine.   The vaccine should also be considered for: (1) people whose activities bring them into frequent contact with rabies virus or with possibly rabid animals, and (2) international travelers who are likely to come in contact with animals in parts of the world where rabies is common.   The pre-exposure schedule for rabies vaccination is 3 doses, given at the following times: (1) Dose 1: As appropriate, (2) Dose 2: 7 days after Dose 1, and (3) Dose 3: 21 days or 28 days after Dose 1.   For laboratory workers and others who may be repeatedly exposed to rabies virus, periodic testing for immunity is recommended, and booster doses should be given as needed. (Testing or booster doses are not recommended for travelers.) Ask your doctor for details.   Anyone who has been bitten by an animal, or who otherwise may have been exposed to rabies, should see a doctor immediately. The doctor will determine if they need to be vaccinated.   A person who is exposed and has never been vaccinated against rabies should get 4 doses of rabies vaccine--one dose right away, and additional doses on the 3rd, 7th, and 14th days. They should also get another shot called Rabies Immune Globulin at the same time as the first dose.   A person who has been previously vaccinated should get 2 doses of rabies vaccine--one right away and another on the 3rd day. Rabies Immune Globulin is not needed.

Magbasa pa

By the way, I would like to say that these are quite valid arguments, I agree that this vaccine is useful and saves hundreds of thousands of lives, but the problem is that I did a write up here https://phdessay.com/free-essays-on/animal-testing/ and I found out that most of the vaccines that use humans have been tested on animals, this makes me feel a bit uncomfortable towards animals because I believe that mankind has reached such a level that we should not produce these tests on animals anymore, because it is inhumane and why should hundreds of little animals die?

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Thanks for sharing 😍