To circumcise the baby right after birth or not?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are there any health benefits associated with circumcision? Circumcised infants appear to have less risk of urinary tract infections than uncircumcised infants. The risk of urinary tract infection in both groups is low. It may help prevent cancer of the penis, a rare condition. Some research suggests that circumcision may decrease the risk of a man getting human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from an infected female partner. It is possible that circumcision may decrease the risk of passing HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases from an infected man to a female partner. At the present time, there is not enough information to recommend routine newborn circumcision for health reasons. Are there any risks associated with circumcision? Possible complications include bleeding, infection, and scarring. In rare cases, too much of the foreskin or not enough foreskin is removed. More surgery sometimes is needed to correct these problems. http://m.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Newborn-Circumcision?IsMobileSet=true#with I have read several cases where baby get infection after the surgery. Thus for both of my boys I will not choose this surgery for them. I will leave it to them to decide when they grow up.

Read more