Weaning

any tips on helping baby to transit from breast to bottle? ? my lo is 9 months old and he refuse to take the bottle.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You might wanna try Hegen bottles. My friend has been using it for her baby since she was a newborn. She latch and bottle feed. No nipple confusion too ◡̈ Hegen bottles are a bit costly though. You can consider getting it at the baby fair this weekend. Cause hegen don’t go to other baby fairs. Only Supermom baby fair which takes place every 6 months. https://www.facebook.com/events/332276840614040/?ti=icl

Read more

Maybe you can try changing the nipples of the bottles. Sometimes that can be a hindrance. The other thing that you can try is to introduce the bottle about an hour after you have already breastfed the baby -- the baby can get used to it slowly. If you introduce the bottle when the baby is very hungry -- and the baby wants breastfeeding, he/she will reject the bottle.

Read more

I used to have this problem too and my LO would scream the house down. Try 1) getting out of the house when it’s time to give her the bottle (make sure you are not the one bottle feeding) 2) switch bottles - try to choose those that allow baby-controlled flow 3) choose the right time - when LO is not massively hungry and when LO Is in a super good mood :)

Read more