Overtired baby

Any tips to calm down overtired baby? I have tried many methods. She didnt want to sleep from 2pm to 9pm today , heartbroken to see her keep yawning but couldnt sleep. I carried her until she sleep but once i put down in 10mins she cried SO LOUD! šŸ˜­ Whats happeningggg

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi hi how old is ur baby? My baby usually chooses contact naps for afternoons especially so she hit overtired stage! Meaning i sacrifice two hours just to sit and cuddle her while she naps. Not the ideal solution but anything to prevent cranky overtiredness, because it will affect night sleep. Apparently babies dont sleep more at night (what old ppl like to say) just because they miss daytime naps. Do the gentle rocking and bouncing with shushing for very long. My hands are usually ded by ten twenty minutes then just cuddle and sit quietly for an hour or two. With some feeding also since they get hungry every two hours. I hope it never happens again to u!

Read more

2 month old baby? Yessss, mine too mummy.. dun worry, this ā€œenergyā€ last for a week max? This is some witching hour probably. On some white noise for baby

8mo ago

https://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/newborns/baby-witching-hour Check this article out. Dun worry mummy

I'm facing the same problem as you. I'll just distract my son. If it's not working, I'll feed him til he sleeps. šŸ„¹

8mo ago

I am also worried about overfeeding my kid and mistake her crankiness as hunger?

I gave in and got a yaolan to help her sleep. Save us all!