Showering after giving birth

For those of you who have followed the Chinese confinement method, did you shower after natural delivery in the hospital? I can imagine it’s gonna be messy sticky sweaty 😵‍💫

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave birth naturally at TMC. On the last night before discharged after dinner i switch off the aircon, had a long good bath, dry my hair and it feels so good. I had a quick one on the discharge day as well. Actually during confinment i bath everyday also cos the weather was freaking hot and i need to go down hospital everyday cos baby in NICU but didnt wash hair every day (once a week?)

Read more

I only bathe when i got home. Lol. I had epidural so the numbness took quite a while to be gone. Why messy sticky n sweaty? I rmb like got aircon leh. Or mayb i had epidural n then i didnt sweat 🤔

Hi! Natural delivery too. I showered from top to bottom before I was discharged, best feeling ever and I felt so clean. Did confinement but I showered once a day and washed my hair every 2 days. 🙊

10mo ago

Did u end up having any side effects like headache backache etc like what the older generation warned about?

Even the malay community do believe in this tradition BUT just shower la! U feel super fresh after!! Even during confinement i shower everyday but washed my hair every 2 days as well!

I showered before I discharge cause I couldn’t take it (bloody all over down there and hair all tangled and oily). During confinement on off showers, hair maybe twice a week.

i bathed in the hospital and use warm water. you'll feel much cleaner and it is also more hygenic for the wound down there.

yup. showered at the hospital. for hygiene purpose as the nurses at hospital will want you to keep trying breastfeeding

I shower after i discharge using the herbal water for confinement

I only showered after the confinement 🫣

I did shower... hahaha