Mist humidifier

Do you think mist humidifier is good for newborn baby sleeping in aircon room? I feel that the air is dry sometimes.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I did switch on the humidifier for my newborn but I did it only for night time. An alternative that my mother taught me, was to put a basin of water in the aircon room so it will not take away the moisture in the human body. Another reason I switched on, was because of the sound. It tend to calm my baby and allow him to sleep better and longer.

Read more

I use a humidifer at night in aircon room as my newborn had congested nose then. Apparently air's too dry in aircon. I also slightly elevated the crib mattress at the head. It kinda work and the stuffiness are gone for good.

VIP Member

Yes but please practice caution with EOs as you might not know which are safe for babies. Here’s a useful guide if you need to know more: https://sg.theasianparent.com%2Fsafe-essential-oils-for-baby.

My friends would keep baby moisturized by massaging their babies using moisturizer after a quick wipe before bedtime. I suppose a humidifier would work too. :)

Yes, adding moisture to the air may help ease a baby’s congestion or cough.

VIP Member

I’m using humidifier with eo since baby was born :) so far so good :)

VIP Member

yes i use it too. and super nice! get lavendar oil 💃💃💃

Yes, but be cautious with what type of essential oils you use

Yes! My son has dry skin due to the everyday aircon.

yes its good, but i'll skip the essential oil. :)