2 Replies

If I can correctly remember, at 38 weeks/39 weeks last check to see if baby's head turn down, water bag level, checking for cervic opening, membrane sweep. And if by 39 weeks there are some sign of ready for labour, the max they will allow to hold will be till EDD however subject to subsidy/private, birth plan. Therefore would not be the same. Anytime nearing to EDD if you feel constant pain, call up labour then proceed to labour. Bare in mind to take note of contractions gap. Usually not all but #FTM will take a long time to dilate unless otherwise. Once you at labour, you will be at observation, anytime you are ready or there's bed you will proceed to labour suite. Take note it will be based on emergency, priority. Why I said so? I had it for my #2 when I was schedule for induce at 40 weeks 1 day but was rejected due to no bed at labour. Mind you I was at 3cm dilate, mild contractions. I only got a bed past midnight which means at 40 weeks 2 days. I give birth that same day on the morning. I would say all birth process will be different. This is just based on mine on Feb 2023.

thank you!

Once u feel contraction and cannot stand it for few hours at home.. then go to delivery suite level 2. register then they will monitor baby etc. and check how many cm u have dilated etc. if there's a bed in delivery room then you will go there. more comfortable than being in the obs bed. decide if u want to take epi or not. then tell the doc. Once fully dilated.. get ready to push.

upon admission

Trending Questions

Related Articles