Neighbour complain on noisy children

Hi there, I need your advice. I am currently 7 months pregnant married with a 2 sons, 4 years and 2 years old. Due to this Covid our BTO will be delayed till 2nd quarter of 2022, actual date was August 2021. We are currently living in a HDB with my family, our neighbours downstairs had come upstairs 2 time, 1st was in August and 2nd was early this month. He complain that the kids was running and bouncing, my parents house is a maisonette so our neighbour bedroom will be under our living room. My children are both in Childcare, they are only at home during the morning and will be back at home in the evening, and on Saturday and Sunday. The neighbour came and told us to stop our kids from jumping and bouncing, I am a bit depressed as they doing the minimal activity jumping and running. I have put carpet and mattresses, and after 8 pm on weekdays I will put them to sleep. But as usual the kids when walking, they would do some movements and maybe the neighbour will find it disturbing. I need your advice, on whether there is any soundproof mat for me to purchase and any other ways to minimise the movement of the children walking. Thank you. 🥲

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hello there, kids are active so sometimes it's inevitable to cause certain threshold of noises and looking at your case, I don't feel its too bad since they'll be in childcare at most time and sleep early at night? maybe u could just bring your kids down to the neighbours unit with some small gifts and get your kids to apologise and meanwhile telling them your BTO is delayed due to covid and have no choice to continue staying with your parents and to seek them for their understanding. also, probably tell them u also have already placed carpet and mattresses to try to minimise the noise. worse comes to worst, maybe gotta talk to your MP or grassroot leaders about it to solve it amicably. Good luck and all the best!

Read more