Cannot see gestational sac

Tested positive via hpt & urine test at polyclinic. Went for ultrasound at kkh today 5w2d cannot see the gestational sac. Is it normal? Am i gonna lose it again? Been thru 2 miscarriages. Anyone can advise me. Feeling extremely worried.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

maybe it is still too early? usually they say to detect heartbeat, best to get the ultrasound scan at week 8 to 9. today I went for my 1st appt, my morning sickness comes and goes so I was kinda afraid. according to my LMP, I was supposed to be 6w4d but did an ultrasound scan, gynae said it's 6 weeks and it showed on the scan GA 5w6d. she managed to find the heartbeat as it was flickering on the monitor and counted the beat for me but I couldn't hear anything, also told me my pregnancy is early. anyway, she also said miscarriage sign is v obvious if you have really very heavy bleeding, heavier than normal period. so my take is, if your early pregnancy symptoms are still there and there is no heavy bleeding, all is well. just go for a 2nd scan 2 weeks later and don't stress yourself out too much.

Read more

Hi, best time to go for first scan should be around 7-8 weeks onwards.. 5W might be a little too small. Don’t stress yourself out, wait for another 2 weeks and see how? 🌻