Vaccination for Pregnant Woman

We are stuck with whether my wife who is 6 months pregnant should go for the vaccination. Number of factors that we are looking at: - Increasing number of Covid 19 cases in the community. - New rules concerning unvaccinated individuals are getting stricker and who knows when it will expand to hospitals. - Government moving forward with treating the virus as an endemic where we welcome international travellors and allowing our own to travel overseas. - Updated Healthcare Protocols where home recovery will become default once an individual tested positive. Any ladies took the 1st and 2nd dose and had given birth? All good for you and the baby?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had my first dose at 13 weeks and second dose 18 weeks, now I’m at 24 weeks and baby is doing fine. When I was about 10-11 weeks, my husband became close contact with a positive case and the whole ordeal was traumatizing for us, it felt as if the whole world had just collapsed upon me and I was so fearful for my little one’s life, thankfully my husband was cleared and we are all okay. Hence the reason why I went for vaccination immediately after passing first trimester. I didn’t had any major side effects from the vaccination, apart from sore arms and slightly elevated temperature (36.7 degrees) from second dose. Some may think staying at home will protect you from getting COVID, even after jab I tried to stay in as much as possible, but about 1 month ago my neighbor became a positive case too, saw CISCO officer came to his place. It was quite scary to find out a positive case can be so near you despite all the efforts you made to protect yourself. The benefits definitely outweigh the side effects more so in this current situation, but it’s ultimately your choice.

Read more
3y ago

Thanks so much for sharing 😊 We have relatives or friends who got infected recently too hence we felt that the danger is getting closer and nearer to home even though we have not been in close contact with anyone for months. I guess when we hear more positive cases of people we know, the fear is real.