Covid vaccination for pregnant women

With the rising number of cases and how the govt is encouraging pregnant ladies to vaccinate now, I decided to take my first jab recently. It's administered on my left arm.. but we are supposed to sleep on our left side for more oxygen flow to the baby. It hurts to lie on the left#pleasehelp

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually sleep at left or right side should be ok. If really u worry next jab please ask to do it on other hand. My jab both on right hand because I left handed. I need to use more on my hand to do housework and cooking for family.

hiiii ur next dose should be taking on ur right side instead. All along my pregnancy, ive been sleeping on my left side. So when i decided to take my vaccine, i requested them to poke me on my right side although im a right handed.

Hi, I experienced the same thing too. Don’t be too bothered by sleeping on your left, it’s actually fine to sleep on your right too. I slept slightly on my back to avoid putting pressure on my left arm.

3y ago

i slept on my right for the first 2 days. though it is encouraged to sleep on the left side, right side is also fine

VIP Member

they poke your left arm probably because you’re right handed but yes you can request for the other arm next time (don’t forget!)

For your next dose, take it on your right arm! So much better for sleeping and less sore