Vaccination for Pregnant Woman

We are stuck with whether my wife who is 6 months pregnant should go for the vaccination. Number of factors that we are looking at: - Increasing number of Covid 19 cases in the community. - New rules concerning unvaccinated individuals are getting stricker and who knows when it will expand to hospitals. - Government moving forward with treating the virus as an endemic where we welcome international travellors and allowing our own to travel overseas. - Updated Healthcare Protocols where home recovery will become default once an individual tested positive. Any ladies took the 1st and 2nd dose and had given birth? All good for you and the baby?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and going to take my 1st shot next week. I was in a dilemma like you but I decided to take it as I want to be able to protect myself before I can even be able to protect my baby. Yes we might not know the long term effects of the vaccine on the baby but we do know the effects of covid on the mother and potentially the baby. Also, if you really got infected and have to be treated, you would also be taking drugs that might have long term side effects on the baby which you wouldn't know. once I started thinking in this manner, the decision for me became easy. Ultimately it's up to you but you really have to weigh the pros and cons. All the best!

Read more
3y ago

great to hear! heard that loading up on water on the day and after the vax will help with the side effects so do get your wife hydrated as much as she can 😊