Vaccination for Pregnant Woman

We are stuck with whether my wife who is 6 months pregnant should go for the vaccination. Number of factors that we are looking at: - Increasing number of Covid 19 cases in the community. - New rules concerning unvaccinated individuals are getting stricker and who knows when it will expand to hospitals. - Government moving forward with treating the virus as an endemic where we welcome international travellors and allowing our own to travel overseas. - Updated Healthcare Protocols where home recovery will become default once an individual tested positive. Any ladies took the 1st and 2nd dose and had given birth? All good for you and the baby?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Taken dose 1 at week 31, dose 2 at week 35. Now at week 37+3, my side effects for both are sore arms for 3days. Finally decided to get vaccine as I know getting covid + might cause my baby to be preterm & I don’t get to pass him my antibodies. So I took advise from my Gynae and decided on having my vaccine. I have 2 more kids below 12 which can’t be vaccinated so I wanted to bf my 4th and also feed my other kids bm after my delivery next week. I wanted to be vaccinated before I give birth so I do no have to decide on weather to dump my bm when I go for vaccine after my delivery so maybe ask your wife how comfortable is she in taking the jab and then talk to your wife’s Gynae. I will definitely help you guys decide on it :) All the best ! Stay safe :D

Read more
3y ago

All the best! Hope your wife will be blessed with minimum reaction so she won’t be having a hard time. Meanwhile keep safe!