Vaccination for Pregnant Woman

We are stuck with whether my wife who is 6 months pregnant should go for the vaccination. Number of factors that we are looking at: - Increasing number of Covid 19 cases in the community. - New rules concerning unvaccinated individuals are getting stricker and who knows when it will expand to hospitals. - Government moving forward with treating the virus as an endemic where we welcome international travellors and allowing our own to travel overseas. - Updated Healthcare Protocols where home recovery will become default once an individual tested positive. Any ladies took the 1st and 2nd dose and had given birth? All good for you and the baby?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am expecting my rainbow baby. I have similar concerns regarding the vaccine as many of expecting parents do. But I decided to take it at 32 weeks after more measures were lifted and the endemic approach was announced. Back then the surge is 100 cases per day, and I had 1.5 months to go. I estimated it to reach 4K cases by my EDD in nov. Also, with my parents working as frontliners and husband going to work almost everyday too, the risk of me getting covid becomes much higher. It wasn’t an easy decision I must say. I was so stressed up that I was crying for quite a number of days. Hence, I decided to take it. Just took my 2nd jab over the weekend. Got a pretty high fever (38-39) the next day, but baby is still active. I told him we are going the vaccination and asked him to let me know if he is ok. :)

Read more
3y ago

can I ask if u did the covid jab at vaccination centres or doctor's clinic? I'm wondering if doing in doctor's clinic is safer as he might be able to hear baby's heartbeat after the jab?