Spotting at week 8

Hi soon-to-be mummies, I started spotting since 2 weeks ago with light cramping. The colour’s pink/brownish. Wanna know if this is normal?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had light brown discharge since week 4. Discharge turned darker brown last weekend. Saw gynae yesterday at KKH for the first time and she did a check. She said it’s old blood but at the same time I have a polyp (she say nothing to worry about as it may or may not drop on its own. Can only remove if it doesn’t fall off on it’s own after delivery) She also said that it may be an infection so she took a swab to test and gave me antibiotics. This morning I had a few drops of dark blood discharge but I think it is the ‘old blood’ she mentioned so I’m going to continue monitoring. I would think if you’re concerned, you can visit your gynae?

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for this! I saw my gynae yesterday. She did a scan and baby was fine w heartbeat so I was relieved. She mentioned my spotting could be due to first pregnancy being unstable. She told me to get more bed rest and continue taking my prenatal vitamins to stabilise it. All the best for your journey! 🫶🏻❤️

TapFluencer

Spotting is pretty common during early pregnancy. I also experienced spotting at week 5 and was given Duphaston and Proluton injection twice a week for one week. Cramping and spotting stopped too. You may want to see your obstetrician if you feel it's a concern.

2y ago

Thanks for sharing!