My son has been refusing milk for the past 3 days, he only drank a few ounces each day & prefers plain water. He is only 20 months!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i can sense how worried you must be. trust me, i've experienced the same with both my kids and so have my friends. also, if your baby is having water, it's great! drinking enough water will make sure your baby's digestive system is clear and will also take care of overall health. i'm assuming your baby is eating other foods even if he is not having milk. at this growing age, your baby may want to experience more solids instead of having more milk, so let him. unless he is losing weight, which your doc will point out in the next visit, i don't think you should worry.

Read more

Good... introduce him to different foods. It's a myth that milk is a complete meal. Earlier when there was not so much pollutants and other harmful factors, milk quality was good enough to be a complete meal for babies. Now everything that the animal eats, the environment that its kept in and all this is responsible for poor quality of milk. U will find cows and buffaloes feeding in trash areas and that's the filth that comes out in the milk. Try other foods....

Read more

don't worry, it's okay for babies to sometimes go off a particular food or drink for a few days at an end... instead of trying to force your baby to drink milk, make sure your baby stays properly hydrated. give liquids such as water, fresh juices and soups. if your baby still does not take milk at all, do speak with the doc

Read more

Your baby is now almost 2 years old so it is perfectly normal if he does not want to drink too much milk.As long as he is drinking enough water during the day and eating other kinds of food it is alright. The concern only arises if he loses weight or it affects his health in any other way.