Sometimes, I feel very hopeless. My husband & me r getting more & more distant. Ever since we have our son, his focus is forever about son & himself only. I'm feeling more like an outsider. Whenever son cries, he will first to blame me. After son is born, we only have 1 time sex. And that's becos he doesn't want to anymore. Whenever he has the time, it will be playing games on laptop. I've stopped talking to my mil as we have too many conflicts handling my son since born. And definitely affect my marriage life. I've getting very hopeless in this marriage & family. If husband has no heart & effort to salvage the relationship, it can't only be me one-sided right? I've seriously think of divorce several times but hang on due to dear son. But it's getting v difficult to hang on. Have u ever regretted marrying? I'm really envious of others whose husband who focus on them before children.

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You have to knock the sense out of him. Sometimes there's a thin line between being a numb and being dumb, i hope your husband is not both. You have endured soooooo much! Having to go through pregnancy, labor, post partum recovery, your in laws' crap, breastfeeding and taking care of your baby and your husband and this is how he will repay you? It's infuriating. You need to have a serious heart to heart talk with your husband. Let him tell you directly why he's acting like he's the one with the post partum depression here. Tell him how you feel, let him feel your frustrations, anger and anxieties. There is a reason and you have the right to know that in order for your relationship to work. Don't be a martyr. Self love goes a long way.

Read more
5y ago

Yes yes yes! You're not at fault for feeling this way, but there needs to be clear communication for success in the relationship. Also it sets up a strong example for your son... Remind yourselves why you fell in love in the first place, give yourself time to feel, have the patience to heal, and never give up on yourself to try. Deep inside... He's probably not saying his true emotions, but there seems to be a lot to be discussed since you have differences with MIL. This is a time for you, your son and husband, MIL should not pry, and husband needs to acknowledge this.