When did you set up baby crib/cot?

Anyone heard of superstition of setting up too early..? Now at 34 weeks. But wondering it’s troublesome to only set up after baby is born?!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I set up at 32nd week. Upon clearance that baby is fine and all frm the full scan. Better to prepare the necessary items by Week 37, in case for any early labour signs or planned csect due to other health issues. After baby is born, there are many other things to worry about. At least, there is a safe place to sleep for the baby ready when you're back from the hospital.

Read more
7mo ago

Thank you!

currently at week 38! set up at week 36 ish as I saw quite a few mummies gave birth during week 36-37. I prefer to prepare everything early and personally will be paranoid if i do it last min lol! .. along the way also start to wash baby clothes and arrange the changing table etc with diapers, cotton, etc.

Read more
7mo ago

I see, thank you! Safe delivery to you!:)

Set up only when you actually intend to use it. Cos after I gave birth, end up baby cosleep with me on the same bed for easier feeding and monitoring.. end up you might not even use it for the first few weeks or even months 😂

7mo ago

Ah I see! Thanks anyway:)

My first born … my hb set up the day i told him i felt i couldnt wait till my edd (apparently i had contraction alr) hahaa. Im also at 34 wks but i haven re-washed the clothes!

7mo ago

Oo I see! Thanks! Safe delivery to you:) I washed the clothes already 😆😆

After baby is born.. there is ALOT to worry and to settle.. so setup at least 3 weeks prior.. I didn’t.. end up I was 2 weeks early (emergency Csect)

7mo ago

Oh whoa I see! Thanks!:)

I set up at 39 weeks but didn’t use at all and it ended up being just for storage 😅.

7mo ago

Oh😅 thanks Anw!

I’m in my 31st week, the bassinet is set up coz #thirdbaby 😅

7mo ago

😆 thanks!

TapFluencer

mine setup b4hand

7mo ago

Thanks!