39w+3 and no sign of labor

hello moms i’m 39w+3 days estimated now and theres 4 more days to my edd but after today’s cervical check my gynae said that i’m not even dilated and that baby doesn’t wanna come out. pls recommend some natural ways to try for dilation if possible as i’m worried bc i don’t want to opt for c sec :(

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me too! I’m 39w 2d today (14 Oct) and no signs of labour as well. I’m pretty sure baby is comfortable in there. I do want to try natural birth but whichever is safer for her to come out I’ll be fine as well. Guess I need to start climbing my HDB 4-storey flat’s stairs until I give birth! Planning on having sex with husband on Mon 19 Oct who knows I’ll go into labour and deliver on 20.10.20 hahahah.. oh well they say it helps and I wouldn’t mind trying since I’ve been out of the game for about 4 weeks now cause too heavy. Lol. Try sitting on a gym ball, carefully do deep squats while holding on to something or against the wall, climb stairs, watch your 1hr fav series and walk along your corridor, anything that keeps your hips moving will aid baby into the birth canal.. though I was said to have exceeded 1 week after EDD.. lol We can do this! Few more days! 💪🏻💪🏻

Read more
4y ago

i tried the having sex method as well even tho stomach is so big and gets in the way but didn’t help 😣😣 guess i’ll try the walking and squatting method, all the best to you 🥰

I had membrane sweep at Week 39 and Week 40, walked 8000 steps per day, and baby still refused to come out 😅 I was induced and gave birth 41W+1. Sometimes baby just doesn't want to come out yet. I think the walking helps though, my labour was 8H long even though I was induced. My gynae was expecting it to take at least 16H.

Read more
4y ago

wow thats alot of walking... i walk for awhile and i already get so tired and my legs are sore hahaha

I went for accupuncture 3 days before my edd. Woke up to cramps the next morning n was alr 3cm dilated when i went hosp aft lunch. Delivered my gal naturally :) let me know if u need the contact of the physician i went to! Jiayous mummy!

4y ago

oh thats interesting! guess will just wait it out if he doesn’t wanna come out my gynae will probably suggest inducing on monday :) thanks for your advice

VIP Member

Keep walking 😅 I started to dilate at 36 weeks because I can't stop walking although I'm in so much pain. I can feel so much pressure on my pelvic area but I still continue to walk. I can walk whole day too

4y ago

I wish I can Walk too im 32weeks pregnant by now but I do know why I can't walk much because I feel my baby is very down on my pelvic im scared and I easy get tired .

I had no sign of labour at 39wks too! I went out window shopping almost everyday and try to walk around even at home. baby finally out at 1 day before 40wks.

4y ago

wow haha hopefully that will be the case for me too😢 thanks for the advice!

VIP Member

i gave birth exactly at 40weeks. on my bby's EDD. relax mummy. maybe u can try to walk more. be more active 😊

4y ago

okay will definitely do so! thank you so much 🥰🥰

Squats, lots of walking and curb walk (1 leg on curb, 1 leg down), climb stairs but don't exert yourself

4y ago

thank you☺️ will try it out

VIP Member

do more walking and squats (:

4y ago

thank you! will try it out :)

VIP Member

Membrane sweep?

Climb stairs!

4y ago

thank you will try that out ☺️