small spotting @ 17 weeks, 1 day

saw small spotting, smells like blood and it's about 3-4 small spots... 17 weeks now... anybody experience the same? i'm scared :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

During my 8w scan I was told I have a subchorionic space which means there’s some sort of bleeding. The doctor said it is common and would either be absorbed by the body or be passed out hence the brownish discharge. I had discharge on and off during 6w to 13w and was taking dydrogesterone hormone pill to stabilise it. During the most recent scan at 14w doctor said that the clot has mostly resolved. Now just a tiny bit left. So it might be good to check in w your gynae. Won’t recommend kkh uogc tho. I didn’t like the service and the waiting. I think you might be better off at private clinics eg Thomson or smth.

Read more
2y ago

hey there! yeah i went A&E that night and was also given the hormones pill. gynae told me it's bpund to happen and it's old blood so all is good. i pray for a smooth journey on your pregnancy & labour! 😁

just got back from A&E! glad all is okay - baby moved, heatbeat seen and heard. the brown blood/diacharge apparently was due to old blood, however gynae couldn't find an answer to why it's happening. but anyway all well, and it's normal for brown discharge to occur. advised me to also come back should there be cramps and fresh blood on a full pad at every hour. so here's just an update for you worries mummies as well! however if you need to have a peace of mind, i would still advise you to see a gynae :)

Read more
2y ago

good to hear that

You might wanna go get it checked with gynae, just to feel safe!

2y ago

mine's @ NUH since it's the nearest. only abt 2-3 hrs in total of the whole thing but glad to be assured i'm okay :)