Is it safe to do boxing 2 months post-partum? If not, what cardio exercises can you recommend?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I agree with Dazzle. For me, the most stressful days were the first three months. Often it's called the fourth trimester. Babies are still familiarizing themselves with their new environment so they need close care and attention. Also, our bodies haven't fully recuperated yet after 2 months post-partum. Lots of nutrients are needed to be supplemented back, especially if breastfeeding.

Magbasa pa

Wouldn't think so. Give your body time to heal. I went back to intense workouts at 3 months post-partum and got a pelvic injury that led to other injuries (strained adductor, hip tendinosis). Still doing physical therapy for those injuries and my baby is already a year and a month old! Try yoga or walking :) Take it easy.

Magbasa pa

It might not be the safest time to do some hardcore exercise like boxing. I suggest you do it gradually. Start off with a bit of walking/brisk walking, then go for running, zumba until you finally feel you're really ready. Yoga is a great exercise too. It can help you physically and mentally.