Is it safe to apply body slimming gel if I am breastfeeding? Would like to target my arms, tummy and thighs. Thanks!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some people say that it does get into the body system but then there are those slimming centers that apply gel on ur body for their treatment - to help women lose their pregnancy weight. I did w Marie France and their cream was ok - they been using it for many years and it's topical application. So i guess if ur cream is the safe kind (not from some online shop/craze - got a lot of fakes) but sold in a proper store in SG (so that it is regulated) then should be ok

Read more
VIP Member

Care to share the brand? Most creams/gels have a instruction/info leaflet. If its stated that is safe for pregnancy, generally its safe for breastfeeding too. But i personally think everythg in moderation to be on the safe side.

VIP Member

Depends on the slimming gel’s ingredients also. My friends use the same slimming gel during pregnancy and breastfeeding, helps them “debloat” after childbirth

I think better to avoid while you are breast feeding. But do check with your gynae if it is safe to use

VIP Member

Better not. If you decide to, rem to cover up the areas when in contact with baby.

TapFluencer

Depending on the product is it bf friendly.

Super Mum

U should wash away near breastfeeding area

I should think is ok Better consult gynae

I'll avoid