MIL or infant care?

Right from the beginning, my MIL said that she don’t want to take care of my baby. Reason is that she was tired taking care of my SIL’s kid and she don’t want to lose her freedom/wants to go for holidays. She even told me and my hubby to have only 1 kid cos it’s a lot of hard work taking care of a baby/kid. Now that my maternity leave is ending and I have already looked for an infant care centre and put a deposit, my MIL suddenly said that she wants to take care of my baby until he turns 18 months then put in childcare. Should I take up her offer or still stick to infant care? TBH I am worried that my baby will fall sick often in infant care. He is also very active. But I am worried that my MIL will change her mind again. She is also taking care of my SIL’s kid (He falls sick often too.) Confused mummy here. What should I do?

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Ifc. I let my mil to take care of my baby until she turns 5 months then only send to ifc. As I think below 5 months is too young and I want my baby at least can roll over before sending to ifc.