Delivering baby as covid positive patient (39 weeks)

The rest of the recovery is as per normal caesarean. Except that I was in the covid ward. The nurses here are more caring than the ones I met at the Pte hosp. Altho I’ve heard from the others patients I’m warded with, that the nurses here are horrible as compared to another Govt hosp. To each their own. I’m thankful enough for some of the kind souls I’ve met so far. For more info on which hosp I’ve to and where I am now, as well as the gynae that I was and am consulting, feel free to pm me. I do not wish to publicly tarnish anyone or any hosp’s reputation. Bill estimate: Pte hosp, 1 night for covid stay: $2300. Inclusive of gynae consultation $500 Govt hosp, 7 days for covid stay: $3500 before subsidy, $800 after subsidy Covid stay for Govt is fully claimable via insurance. For Pte tbc as I wasn’t sure what the Pte hosp billed to my insurance company. If the bill description is delivery- no claim. If it’s covid- claimable. Caesarean at Govt hosp for 3 nights: B1 ward estimated about 13k without maternity package (all itemised as I was warded prior due to covid). After medisave deduction, cash ~$9-10k). Hope it helps anyone who happens to find themselves in such an unusual situation! Last part (8/8)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

thank you for sharing, mummy! it must have been hard for you, but you made it! i cannot imagine the stess that you have to go through delivering the baby and being covid positive! hoping for fast recovery and good health to you and your baby!

hope you're recovering well and really thankful you have a smooth team with you at the govt hospital. May your newborn grow and continue to be healthy and happy! all the best and take care. last but not least, thank you for sharing!!

2y ago

Thank you! Baby and I are well and healthy 🙏🏻