Respectful parenting goes against our DNA as Singaporeans. Are you saying our parents have parented us wrongly?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally, I don't think there's a true right or wrong when it comes to parenting. Different parents adopt different ways/styles of parenting. What works for one family may not work for another. Similarly, what worked in the past may not work now simply because of the changing circumstances. At the end of the day, it is how the parent impart good values and morals to the child. How one would like to teach and discipline their children, is really up to them. Unless the child is being abused (physically or emotionally or otherwise), there is no one best method that will be applicable to all. Just some thoughts to join in the discussion. :)

Read more

Nope. I think how our parents raised us back in the day was relevant to the time and place. Things were different then, people were different as well. As for today, respectful parenting might be more suitable with kids as they are more savvy and plus, there are more laws put in place. But that being said, I personally think a mix of the two methods can be a good way to parent.

Read more