Would you recommend oats for the family? Not sure my own kids will like the taste... Which brand do you buy? How to prepare it?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s one of the staple for our breakfast! I only use organic rolled oats which requires cooking on the stove. Usually I’d soak the oats in milk/soy overnight in airtight container so they are softer and cook faster in the morning. Some days I’ll make oats pancake with egg/banana or just serve plain oats with cheese/fruits

Read more

yup! but...I don't like oats. I get baby oats from the NTUC organic section. Usually I'll add some milk, fruits or vegetables into the oats. and Tada it's done. easy to make and it's full of nutrition. Definitely a good choice.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-26284)

Absolutely, oats are good for your health. It would be a good breakfast to kick start the day. Any brand would work, i prefer getting it on specials. Throw in some raisins and blueberries, all ready to go!

yes i will....eversince i was young my dad always make a habit i must hv everyday...n now ive recommend to my kids n they love it...brand QUAKERS OATS....just add hot water n a little bit of milk n stir.

VIP Member

Yes, if your kids are not sensitive to gluten. I will usually buy organic rolled oats (Sanitorium) and put into my hot cup of milo (milo powder + condensed milk). You don’t really need to cook it :)

Yes, coz oats are high in fibre and can reduce bad cholesterol. For kids, you can throw in some raisins, dates, goji berries, or banana & berries to make the bowl of oats look more appealing :)

VIP Member

Oats are good but not everyone likes it — I noticed the males in my family, young and old, do not like oats hahah. I just get rolled oats (no particular brand) from the supermarket.

cowhead brand baby oats my hubby's philosophy for my kiddos- you dont have to like it, you just have to eat it. we still recite this to this day 😁

Yes, oats are healthy and nutritious. For a start, you may try instant oats and if your family like it then try buying baby oats or roll oats.