Baby drink 200ml every feed

Is it okay for 2 months old to drink 200ml per feeding? Nanny said need to increase milk intake and baby also seems to drink it well slowly. With my first born she was taking 80ml at this age. Is this normal ?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, it's totally okay for a 2-month-old baby to drink 200ml per feeding if they seem to be drinking it well and slowly. Every baby is different, so it's normal for their milk intake to vary. Some babies may need more milk to feel satisfied, especially if they are going through a growth spurt. As long as your baby is gaining weight and seems content after feedings, there's no need to worry. However, if you have any concerns, it's always best to check with your pediatrician to make sure everything is on track. Trust your instincts and observe your baby's cues - they know what they need. Keep up the good work! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

200ml per feed is way too much for a 2 month old baby. My baby drinks a lot too not 200ml is way beyond acceptable range. You can find baby feeding chart online which indicates the acceptable range that your baby should be drinking. Nanny just wants an easy job that’s why keep increasing. Because the baby will sleep throughout when they are fed to the max. You should have some awake time to bond with your baby.

Read more

That’s too much. Mine was drink about 45ml per feed? But she feeds more frequently like maybe 1.5hr or so.. i forgot what’s the problem but she’s either gassy or spitting up, so we see a doc and she suggest we split the feedings into smaller portions. Eg. If 90ml every 3hrs, then give 45ml every 1.5hrs, or 30ml every 1hr, etc.

Read more

Erm..is your nanny trying to overfeed the baby so tt he sleeps longer..? That was what happened to my nephew and he keep having spit ups coz overloaded

its too much... 2mths old shud still b frequent feeding... and nt expand her stomach so early..if nanny insist..suggest u change a nanny...

200 for 2 months old baby is too much indeed. Ref to this guide that was taken at the doctor's office when I brought my baby to the clinic.

Post reply image

200ml is too much for 2 mth old.. my baby 7 weeks drink 90ml every 2.5 hrs, if we give 120ml he will spit up more frequently..

I think your nany wants baby to sleep longer. Feeding so much to such a small baby is so dangerous!!

200ml is alot!! 2 months should be drinking around 30ml - 60ml per feed every 2 - 3 hours.

VIP Member

no thats too much. please dont follow nanny blindly. crosscheck facts with baby doctor ok?