high risk for my first trimester screening test tesult

Just receive call from kkh this morning that I am under high risk 1:201 for my blood test result. Due to 1 hormones is more high risk to DS. I am quite worried. So what should I do? Anyone facing same also?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi dear, thank you for sharing. I think there are a few things to think about (your gynae will advise further).... 1. Will you keep the baby regardless of whether your baby has DS? This will affect whether you want to do further testing... 2. Some options that may be given to you include the NIPT/Harmony test to look at the DNA directly to have a more accurate assessment of whether baby has DS, as well as amniocentesis. Your gynae will need to discuss the tests and procedures with you, including the risks. I think no one can tell you exactly what to do.. this will be a personal decision. But I also hope that you don’t think and worry too much at the moment before further tests are done, because the FTS is only a screening test and a risk assessment. So please take it one step at a time okay?

Read more