6 Replies

Congratulations on your first pregnancy! First appt usually the basic questions like on general health and ultrasound to detect egg sac and heartbeat. Dont worry if you are not able to see anything yet, sometimes its too early. Will have to come back in a few weeks. Mine was about $50+ per consultation but theres plus plus if need blood test/ultrasound/medicines. Of course husbands can follow, it may be a long wait esp while waiting for the ultrasound suite. This is my second time on sub route with SGH. Another high risk pregnancy so was advised to downgrade to sub in case. Don’t worry so much! Staffs and nurses are nice so far.

congratulations on your pregnancy! I just delivered a baby at sgh last month and was on sgh subsidized till second trimester then change to private, from personal experience its fine to be subsidized if no complications as it is def a lot cheaper. SGh can also go private just for delivery If you like. first appt is usually checking the heartbeat and viability and on your general health. yes can take hubby along as they will check couple history. very straightforward. i think sgh lesser waiting time than nuh and kkh also. good luck!

May I know who was ur chosen gynae at sgh?

Honestly just go for private la aiyo, less headache & hassle. Private and you wouldn't need to be asking or worrying about all these. Why would you scrimp and save on your baby???🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I am on subsidised route with SGH and i have been very satisfied with their service. Just that waiting time can be long. I don't see the need to go private as the care and consultation are the same. The person who suggested to go private seems to be ignorant.

congrats! however if you're continuing with the public hospital route, I'd recommend KKH as the doctors and nurses are more well informed and have better knowledge and equipments.

Trending Questions

Related Articles